If you are not wild about the no-poo method here is a recipe that I found at wellnessmama.com. I have been trying the no-poo method for a while now but I find that I miss the foaming aspect of shampoo. I will definitely try this recipe in the near future.
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (organic of course)
- 1/3 cup Liquid Castille Soap
- 1/2 of a teaspoon (or several capsules) of Vitamin E oil
- 20 drops of Essential Oils of choice (such as peppermint, lavender, rosemary )
- For dry hair: add 1/2 tsp olive, coconut oil or almond oil (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in an old shampoo bottle or jar of some kind (pump soap dispensers and even foaming dispensers work well for this. If you use a foaming dispenser, add 1/4 cup of distilled water)
- Shake well to mix.
- Keep in shower for up to a month.
- Shake before each use.
- Use about a teaspoon every time you shampoo