If you are looking for an alternative gel that is more natural than Eco Styler Gel here is a great recipe you can try at home. It is easy to make and very cheap. I bought about 1.5 cup of flax seed at my local bulk store for about 0.50 cents. You can keep the gel in the fridge for 3 weeks.
You will need:
1/4 cup whole flax seed
2 cups water
Container or jar
Bring the mixture to a boil until it thickens. Make sure you stir constantly to prevent the flax seed from burning. Once ready, strain the mixture into a container or a jar.
I found the recipe from Naptural85… enjoy!
I only have good things to say about the Eco Styling Gel. Just see for yourself!
Before Eco Styling Gel
After Eco Styling Gel
Needless to say I am in love with this product. In fact while I was in the States this weekend I bought three big jars at Sally’s. Each jar was under $3.50. I purchase the Olive oil and the Argan oil to try.
If you are not wild about the no-poo method here is a recipe that I found at wellnessmama.com. I have been trying the no-poo method for a while now but I find that I miss the foaming aspect of shampoo. I will definitely try this recipe in the near future.
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (organic of course)
- 1/3 cup Liquid Castille Soap
- 1/2 of a teaspoon (or several capsules) of Vitamin E oil
- 20 drops of Essential Oils of choice (such as peppermint, lavender, rosemary )
- For dry hair: add 1/2 tsp olive, coconut oil or almond oil (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in an old shampoo bottle or jar of some kind (pump soap dispensers and even foaming dispensers work well for this. If you use a foaming dispenser, add 1/4 cup of distilled water)
- Shake well to mix.
- Keep in shower for up to a month.
- Shake before each use.
- Use about a teaspoon every time you shampoo
This gallery contains 10 photos.
This gallery contains 16 photos.
This gallery contains 13 photos.