Baked Vegetable Frittata
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onions, chopped
- 250 g broccoli, chopped
- 2 medium red peppers, sliced
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- Grease a deep 22cm round cake pan and cover the base with baking paper.
- Cut potatoes into small cubes.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the potatoes and onion and cook for 10 minutes or until potatoes are just soft.
- Lightly steam the broccoli and peppers.
- Combine potato mixture with the broccoli and peppers and pour into the prepared pan.
- Combine all of the remaining ingredients in a bowl and pour over the vegetables in the pan.
- Bake in a moderate oven for about 45 minutes or until set and cooked.
- Stand 10 minutes before turning out of pan.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with a salad or as a side for chicken or fish.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 blocks firm or extra-firm tofu, crumbled
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped small
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/3 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar or Swiss cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
Sautee tofu, bell pepper and scallions in olive oil until tofu is lightly browned.Add tomatoes, garlic powder, onion powder and turmeric, stirring to combine well. Heat for another 6-8 minutes until hot and cooked.Season generously with salt and pepper, and top with cheese (or vegan cheese) just before serving.